Applicants who have applied between March & April 2020 are not required to re-apply.
TO BE STATIONED AT SETLAGOLE
(FIVE YEAR FIXED TERM – BASED CONTRACT POST)
Total remuneration package will be in terms of Government Gazette No. 42023 dated 08 November 2018 (i.e. Minimum R815 063; Midpoint R905 626 and
Maximum R996 188 per annum)
• B degree in fields of Accounting, Financial Management, Economics or Chartered Accountant (SA)
• Five years relevant experience at middle management level,
• Minimum of 5 years’ at middle management levels, preferably within local government environment.
• Certificate in Municipal Finance Management or Certificate Program in Municipal Development (CPMD) in line with Minimum regulations on competency level of 2007.
• The need for signing of an employment contract, a performance agreement and disclosure of financial interest
• The need to undergo security vetting and undergo competency assessment test
• Valid driver’s licence and NO criminal record.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation
• Advanced understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management
• Advanced understanding of council operations and delegation of powers
• Good governance
• Audit and Risk management establishment and functionality and
• Budget and finance management
• Good knowledge of supply chain management regulations and Preferential
Procurement Policy Framework Act, 2000 (Act No: 5 of 2000)
• Ability to prove strategic, visionary and innovative leadership.
• An in-depth practical knowledge and understanding of the MFMA, GRAP, GAMAP, DORA, Treasury regulations, Municipal policies and By-laws.
• Ability to communicate and negotiate at all levels of government and with all relevant stakeholders.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Provides strategic financial management direction, advice, and leadership to the Budget and Treasury Directorate and the Local Municipality.
• Ensure the provision of an effective financial management service by implementing and maintaining an effective Financial Management Service inclusive of policies, procedures, standards, practices, anti-corruption measures and an effective accounting service within the Municipality.
• Provides strategic direction to the financial planning and budgeting process within the Municipality, and ensure that the strategic plan is consistent with the MTEF, MFMA and Treasury Regulations.
• Ensure effective revenue collection systems that are consistent with the Municipal Systems Act and an effective system of expenditure management.
• Supports the Accounting Officer and other Senior Managers in the execution of their functions.
• Oversee and lead the budgeting process in compliance with National Treasury
guidelines and to monitor the utilisation of budgets within the organisation.
The incumbent will be required to sign a performance agreement.
Email a detailed CV, certified copies of qualifications and covering letter and Annexure C application form obtained from the Human Resource office:
. Please Quote Ref: 4/1/2/1/4 No facsimile will be accepted.
For more information please contact Mr. Siphiyo Mbana: Manager Human Resource on 087 751 0183 / 0823870296
NB: Applicant not contacted for a personal interview within 30 days of the closing date should regard his/her application as unsuccessful.
Canvassing for appointments will disqualify applicants.
Closing date: Friday, 14 August 2020