Ratlou Local Municipality is an equal
opportunity employer and is situated in
Setlagole in the North West and invites suitable qualified candidates to apply for the following position:-
TO BE STATIONED AT SETLAGOLE
(FIVE YEAR FIXED TERM – BASED CONTRACT POST)
Total remuneration package will be in terms of Government Gazette No. 42023 dated 08 November 2018 (i.e. Minimum R815 063; Midpoint R905 626 and
Maximum R996 188 per annum
• Bachelor Degree in Public Administration/ Management Sciences/ Law; or equivalent.
• Five years relevant experience at middle management level,
• Have proven successful management experience in administration
• Certificate in Municipal Finance Management Programme (CPMD) will be an added advantage.
• The need for signing of an employment contract, a performance agreement and disclosure of financial interest
• The need to undergo security vetting
• The need to undergo competency assessment test
• Valid driver’s licence and NO criminal record.
• Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation
• Good understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management
• Good knowledge of corporate support services, including:
• Human capital management
• Legal services and facilities management
• Information communication technology and Council support
•Good knowledge of supply chain management regulations and the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act no. 2000 (Act No. 5 of 2000) and ensure good governance
• Labour Relations Act, and other labour related prescripts
• Legal background and Human capital management and
• Knowledge of coordination and oversight of all specialised support functions
• Budget and finance management and ability to be an innovative and strategic leader.
• Good facilitation and communication skills in at least two of the three official
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Providing an advisory role to Council regarding all aspects falling within the scope of work and carrying out Council decisions
• Development implementation and management of strategic goals, policies, procedure and plans for Directorate aligned with the municipal strategic goals
• Providing legal advice and administration services
• Administering property/estates. Compiling and updating delegated powers and policy matter.
• Taking responsibility for the secretarial services of the whole Council.
• Updating statutes and Council By-Laws, Human Resource Management, including
Personnel Provision and Labour Relations, Organizational Development, and
Occupational Health and Safety.
• Overseeing the implementation of BCEA, Collective Agreements per Labour Relations Act, Employment Equity Plan and Skills Development Plan.
• Providing strategic Human Resources direction, advice and liaison services to line functionaries and management.
• Development of performance contracts of managers and facilitating the
• Overseeing Records Management and Promoting sound Labour Relations
The incumbent will be required to sign a performance agreement.
Email a detailed CV, certified copies of qualifications and covering letter and Annexure C form obtained from the Municipal Office or Municipal website to:
. Please Quote Ref: 4/1/2/1/5. No facsimile will be accepted.
For more information please contact Mr. Siphiyo Mbana: Manager Human Resource on 087 751 0183 / 0823870296
NB: Applicant not contacted for a personal interview within 30 days of the closing date should regard his/her application as unsuccessful.
Canvassing for appointments will disqualify applicants.
Closing date: Friday, 14 August 2020