BA-PHALABORWA MUNICIPALITY WITH ITS SEAT IN PHALABORWA, INVITES APPLICATIONS FROM SUITABLY, EXPERIENCED AND DYNAMIC INDIVIDUALS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS.
1. BUDGET AND TREASURY OFFICE
1.1 CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
REF BTO 20/01/04
Total remuneration package: R894 447 (minimum); R 1 022 226 (midpoint) R1 133 463 (Maximum) per annum (CONTRACTUAL)
The Contract of employment is in line with Section 57 (6) (a) of the Municipal Systems Act which does not exceed a period ending one year after the election of the next council of the Municipality
The successful candidate will be required to sign an employment contract and Performance Agreement, must disclose financial interests and undergo security vetting.
MINIMUM COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Grade 12 certificate
- An NQF level 7 in fields of Accounting, Finance or economics or Chartered Accountants (SA)
- Minimum of seven (7) years at senior and middle management levels, of which at least 2 years must be at Senior management level.
- Financial and supply chain management competency areas as per the required minimum Competency Levels in unit standards (MFMA)
- A qualification related to the National Treasury Competency Requirements for Snr Officers e.g. CPMD, MFMP, ELMDP
- A valid code driver’s license is essential
- Preparedness to be subjected to security clearance
- Leading competencies in terms of the Local Government Municipal systems Act (competency framework for senior managers) as well as the Municipal performance regulations i.e. Strategic capability and leadership, People management, Program and Project Management, Financial management, Change leadership and governance leadership.
- Core competencies in terms of the Local Government Municipal Systems Act (competency framework for senior manager) and the Municipal performance regulations i.e. Moral competence, Planning and organizing, analysing and innovation, knowledge and information management, communication, result and quality focus.
- Financial and Supply Chain Management Competency Areas as per the Required Minimum Competency Level in Unit standards: Strategic leadership and management, Strategic Financial management, operational financial management, Governance, ethics and values in Financial Management, Financial and performance reporting, Risk and change management, project management, Legislation, policy and implementation, stakeholder relations, Supply chain management and audit and assurance.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Ensure the development and implementation of strategies that have a measurable positive impact on financial performance.
- Responsible for income and expenditure of the municipality, all assets and the discharge of all assets liabilities of the Municipality , proper diligent compliance with applicable of Municipal Finance Management legislation , including but not limited to:
- Providing an advisory services to the Council regarding financial issues and carrying out their decisions
- Developing, implementing and managing strategic goals, policies, procedures and plans for the Department under his /her control aligned with the strategic goals of the Municipality
- Billing and collecting rates and tariffs
- Compiling financial statements and executing budgetary controls
- Ensuring the implementation of Generally Accepted Municipal Accounting practices (GAMAP)
- Ensuring that the Council policies and relevant legislation in respect of financial matters are implemented accordingly
- Managing the Council’s Information Technology and acting as custodian of electronic data
- Ensure that Municipality complies with all legislation pertaining to financial management
- Advise the Accounting Officer on the exercise of powers and duties assigned to him/her in terms of the MFMA
- Advised the senior managers and other senior officials in the exercise to powers and duties assigned to them in terms of the relevant section of the MFMA
- Ensure compliance with the National Treasury reporting standards
- Assist the Accounting Officer in the administration of the municipality’s bank accounts and in preparation and implementation of the municipal budget.
NB. Candidates applying for the position of Chief Financial Officer must disclose their academic qualification, proven experience, competencies, and contact references.
An application for this position must be submitted on an official application form which could be downloaded from Ba-Phalaborwa website: www.ba-phalaborwa.gov.za or collected from Ba-Phalaborwa Municipality and accom- panied by a detailed curriculum vitae. The same should be forwarded to the Municipal Manager, Ba-Phalaborwa Municipality, Private Bag X01020, Phalaborwa 1390 or hand delivered to Office no H29, Human Resource division for the attention Ms Mokoena SS.
No application for the Chief Financial Officer Position will be considered if not submitted on the official application form.
Ba-Phalaborwa subscribes to principles of equal employment and affirmative action. We welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
Enquires on these position should be directed to Ms Mokoena SS at 015-780 6335/ 6326
NB. THE MUNICIPALITY HAS A RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT.
CLOSING DATE: 04 DECEMBER 2020