To manage and provide a comprehensive legal Support and Service to the CEO by ensuring compliance and implementation of plans, systems, processes and procedures to ensure the effective and efficient compliance in accordance with the provisions of the Estate Agency Affairs Act “the Act” as amended.
To manage the quality and the legality of service delivered from the CEO’s office and ensure implementation of operational processes. Regular communication and review sessions, measures to obtain feedback regarding the quality of the services delivered by from all the business units and performance reviews in line with the rest of the EAAB to ensure an effective, professional and competent service.
- LLB Degree
- Admitted as Attorney or Advocate
- 5 years proven track record with previous experience in legal management experience.
- Good understanding of business operational systems,
- Good management skills and interpersonal skills.
- Business Acumen and industry knowledge
- Operational processes and procedures
- Draft, interpret, review and amend legal documents and legal opinions
- Provide strategic litigation management and support to the CEO.
- Institute legal proceedings against recalcitrant estate agents and agencies to recover losses against the Estate Agents Fidelity Fund
- Drafting, amending and processing of legislation and regulations
- Provide general legal advice
Preference will be given to candidates whose appointment will enhance representivity.
- Applications must be submitted in writing and must contain a detailed CV and motivation for appointment.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within 2 months of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful.
- EAAB subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.