Mamusa Local Municipality hereby invites applications from committed, self-driven, motivated, service delivery-orientated and high performance professionals to fill the following position:
DEPARTMENT: COMMUNITY SERVICES
Position: Director Community Services
(11 Months – Fixed term performance contract)
Total remuneration package as per Government Gazette No. 43122 dated 20 March 2020 [Minimum R846 307.00 per annum, Midpoint R950 907.00 per annum,
Maximum R1 040 327.00 per annum]
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences / Public Administration / Law;
• Certificate in Municipal Finance Management or Certificate Programe in Municipal
Development [CPMD] in line with Minimum Regulations on Competency Level of 2007;
• At least five (5) years relevant experience at middle management level;
• Have proven successful institutional transformation with public or private sector;
• Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professionals (SACSSP),
or similar recognised relevant professional body will serve as an added advantage;
• Be prepared to undergo Security Vetting;
• Be prepared to undergo Competency Assessment test;
• To have NO criminal record;
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Advanced Computer literacy in Microsoft Ofﬁce [Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook]
• Need to signing of an Employment Contract, a Performance Agreement and Disclosure of Interest.
• Candidates will be subjected to a Competency Assessment.
• Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policies and legislation;
• Good understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management;
• Understanding of Council operations and delegation of such powers and functions such as:-
– public safety
– parks and recreation management
– cemetery management
– health service management
– library services
• To have extensive knowledge of the public office environment
• Budget and finance management
• To be an innovative and strategic leader
• Good facilitation and communication skills in at least two of the three official languages
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• All community related services of council
• All council – based related environmental health functions.
• Overhead control of Human Settlement, Traffic Services, Waste Management Services and Parks & Recreation in accordance with relevant Policies and Legislation.
• Integrated services delivery with council’s IDP.
• Implementing and Managing an outcome – based performance system in the aforementioned components.
• Identifying relevant Development needs in the community.
• Personnel Development in aforementioned components.
• Advising the Municipal Manager and timelines of the Council with regard to the above components.
• Responsible for the overhead of budget of the abovementioned components.
• The overall management of the Community Services directorate in order to ensure efﬁcient and effective provision of services, promoting economic growth, facilitation social and economic development, and long-term sustainability of the Municipality.
• Ensure sound labour relations and staff management in the department.
• Render strategic leadership in the department by ensuring development, implementation and monitoring of the Integrated Development Plan [IDP] by providing suitable performance indicators.
The applications for the above position must be accompanied by a detailed CV, completed prescribed application form for Senior Managers.
Please note that the appointment is subject to disclosure of financial interest. Candidates will have to undergo competency based assessment and security vetting.
The successful candidate will be subjected to the signing of a Performance Agreement and an Employment Contract.
Please forward a detailed CV with prescribed application form together with your certified copies of qualifications, ID and drivers licence (including details of at least three (3) contactable references). No late, fax or e-mail applications will be accepted.
The Acting Municipal Manager, P.O. Box 5, Schweizer – Reneke, 2780.
Hand deliver: The Acting Municipal Manager, 28 Schweizer Street, Schweizer – Reneke 2780. Telephonic enquiries should be directed to the Human Resources Manager: Mr. Kgosietsile Makaota at Tel No: 053 – 9631331 / 0716073443.
PLEASE NOTE: Fraudulent academic qualifications or documentation will result into the immediate disqualification of your application.
Mamusa Local Municipality reserves the right not to fill the post, should there be no suitable candidate identified.
Should you not receive any response within one (1) month after the closing date, regard your application as unsuccessful.
CLOSING DATE: 24 August 2020