SALARY PACKAGE: Post Level 1 (460,055.40) per annum. Additional benefits attached to the position are as follows:
- (i) Travelling allowance of 850km, that is calculated according to the vehicle that you use for business purposes;
- (ii) R439.00 per month towards Cellphone use;
- (iii) Medical aid cover is subsidized by 60% of the total contribution for family members;
- (iv) Pension fund contribution by Municipality is 18% of basic salary;
- (v) Housing subsidy is available on repayment of a bond provided that the house is registered in the name of the employee.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: An appropriate Degree/ B.Tech in Accounting/ Financial Management or equivalent. Certificate in Municipal Financial Management Programme will be an added advantage. Five (5) years relevant experience of which Three (3) years is in a supervisory level. Computer literacy and Valid Driver’s license.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS: Manage the distribution of goods and items purchased for the municipality in accordance with policy and procedures. Manage the maintenance of the assets register. Manage the assets verification process and ensure alignment with the assets register. Determine the life cycle of assets and ensure procedures are in place to maximize the lifespan of assets. Manage the decommissioning of assets ensuing assets
are properly disposed in accordance with legislation. Execute accounting controls of all assets transactions execute the control of ledge accounts and monthly reconciliation of suspense accounts for assets. Submit monthly analysis of consolidated municipal asset position reports. Supervision of staff.
SKILLS: Knowledge of the Local Government sector and applicable legislation; planning and organizing skills; good analytical, interpersonal relation and negotiation skills; people, leadership and management skills; good communication and report writing; willingness and readiness to work long hours and under pressure.
NOTICE NUMBER: 33/2020