NB: Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate within the Southern Africa Region where WVI is registered to operate. However candidates outside Southern Africa region are also
encouraged to apply.
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds:
a family gets water,
a hungry child is fed,
a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As Regional Communications and Public Engagement Director, you will be responsible for the strategic direction and successful implementation of communications and public engagement work across the southern Africa region. You will lead efforts to strengthen World Vision’s reputation and influence, building trust with key audiences for greater organisational impact. You will provide oversight of core communications business, including content production, media and digital, risk management and internal engagement across all countries where World Vision works in the region. As a key member of the regional leadership team, you will ensure the quality planning and delivery of high-impact communications for local to global audiences, in support of World Vision’s Partnership strategy, Our Promise.
- An advanced university degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, or other related
- Strong track record in media relations, creating constructive relationships and having the confidence to represent the organisation in the media.
- Demonstrable track record of developing and executing external communications within scope and budget to positively impact the organisation’s influence and visibility.
- Ability to define and strengthen organisational brand awareness and reputation through multiple channels.
- Experience leading/managing multiple and/or overlapping content production assignments across multiple contexts that engage, compel and demonstrate knowledge, impact and expertise.
- Experience linking communication outputs with fundraising, especially in a non-profit setting.
- Demonstrated understanding of international development and humanitarian (relief) systems, and communication/donor networks working in fragile contexts.
- Fluent English is essential; knowledge of one or more regional languages is an asset.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online careers.wvi.org and apply by the closing
date 03 May 2021.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
|Job Category||Communications, Management|