Gogo or Dr. Maweni and her team put together a fabulous event this week as she finally launched the Bungoma Festival at the Constitutional Hill in Braamfontein, Joburg.
I am still confused why she demands to be called Dr when we already have Dr. Rebecca Malope and Dr. MaMkhize. By the way, when is Shwa getting her own honorary doctorate – haven’t I contributed enough to pop culture?
Back to gossip, I was let down by the fact that most people on the performers list did not show up.
- There were two gogos who stood out for me , because they were gorgeous in their Gucci outfits. It was Gogo Somizi Mhlongo and Gogo Maweni, who looked cute.
No pun intended, but Somgaga is only a gogo by age, not by calling. Mohale’s ex-Somgaga made a brief appearance. Thank you for respecting the invite Somgaga, unlike your colleagues.
- Still on Gogo Maweni. She has a reputation for not only rolling bones but for picking hot men, even though they end up being public clowns. Her current man is hot and polite. We can only pray that these Joburg girls who love to pounce on people’s boyfriends and husbands stay away from Dr. Maweni’s stud as I am told if you mess with her man you are applying for free mental health issues.
- Another cute Gogo, who has a dashing hubby, is reality show star Gogo Skhotheni who was dressed like Makhadzi on stage in some skimpy leather outfit. Where do these sangomas meet these hot guys? Are they brought in by clients who are coming to consult, or do they meet at initiation school or on social media?
- TikTok sensation Sizwe Mdlalose is a breath of a fresh air in the entertainment industry. He kept the crowd amused. I am sure growing up he was one of those annoying township kids who used to make a living by annoying stressed adults for talking nonstop, or was the cause of many fights in the hood.
Yoooh! That guy can’t stop talking, even during drinks. Outside the venue he was still talking while his poor friends were just listening. I bet he is the topic of much pillow talk.
- Musician Mnqobi Yazo gave us an amazing, brief performance but my eyes were glued to his mic… the fact that he is hot makes his performances all the better.
- Blast from the past fashion designer and former Khanyi Mbau BFF Jeff Seleka is still looking good. I remember how they used to paint the town red. They were inseparable, reminding me of Carol Bouwer and her many friendships on social media. Talk about social media hustlers.
- Another internet sensation, comedian, and influencer Ntombi Eziningi was born for this. His Zulu humour is out of this world, I could not stop laughing. I wouldn’t mind watching your reality show or seeing more of you on TV.
- The goodie bag was Chibuku mix and an Umbrella. What a let-down. The event went from serving people expensive booze at the bar to that underwhelming goodie, which has no place in celebville. I guess Shwa’s standards are high as I saw sangomas happy that they were going to make a quick mix of five litres of mqombothi.
Anyways, thanks for the invite.
Follow @SundayWorldZA on Twitter and @sundayworldza on Instagram, or like our Facebook Page, Sunday World, by clicking here for the latest breaking news in South Africa. To Subscribe to Sunday World, click here.