Ayanda is not my daughter anymore – Sfiso Ncwane’s mom

Family of Sfiso Ncwane, have decided to let go of their daughter-in-law, Ayanda Ncwane.

Though the gospel music Sfiso Ncwane passed on seven years ago, the relations between his widow and mother has been marked by volatility some of which making the news.  

In the latest round of conflict between mother-in-law and makoti, Sfiso’s mother Fikile Ncwane has decided disown Ayanda. In an exclusive interview with Sunday World, she said she had had enough of never-ending fights with Ayanda.

“As far as I’m concerned, I don’t have a daughter in-law. I disowned Ayanda a long time ago but now I am making it official. I took that decision when she brought the police into my home, accusing me of ill-treating and attacking her.

“She went as far as applying for a protection order against me. I took that as a sign of her  rejecting me as a mother-in-law,” she said.

“The last time I saw Ayanda was in December 2016 at Sfiso’s funeral. Even then our interaction was not a pleasant one, there was too much fighting. But most importantly I was angry because I only saw Sfiso’s body for few minutes and I didn’t like what I saw.

“It’s almost seven years since his death [on December 5, 2016] and I still haven’t found closure. I have unanswered questions and the only person who can answer them is Ayanda,” she continued.

“I also haven’t seen my grandchildren [for a long time]. I miss them but I have no access to them. I tried to reach out to Ayanda but it proved to be impossible. I have now given up, God will deal with her.”

In a statement that could suggest Fikile suspects something about the circumstances of her son’s death, Fikile dropped a bombshell. 

“I just pray that one day she tells the world what really happened to my son!”

Conflict predates Sfiso’s death

The conflict between Fikile and Ayanda dates back to 2015, when Fikile accused Sifiso in the media of not taking care of her.

Sifiso and Ayanda hit back and accused Fikile of witchcraft. The insults went back and forth until Sifiso and his mother found each other, eventually their relationship was restored.

However, Ayanda had already distanced herself from the Ncwane family. When Sifiso died in Joburg in December 2016, Sifiso’s family were not allowed to see his body. They were eventually chased out of the house and had to find their way back to KZN.

Ayanda was contacted for comment but her phone went on voicemail. She failed to respond to text, emails and whatsapp messages.    

Visit SW YouTube Channel for our video content

Latest News