Burna Boy fires sound team, concert postponed

The much-anticipated Burna Boy concert, set to take place this coming Saturday, has been postponed.

Sunday World can exclusively reveal that the concert has been moved to December 16.  

Burna Boy was set to perform in South Africa on the Heritage weekend as part of his Africa tour.

According to a source, who is part of the concert-planning committee, Burna Boy fired the sound team. The source said they were forced to cancel this weekend’s event because there were problems with sound at the last minute. 

“They had a problem with the company that offers them sound which is the biggest sound company in Africa. Burna Boy fired them on Monday night and they had to replace them with another company from North West which does not have the required capacity to do the show,” the source said. 

It also appears that ticket sales were also an issue as suite tickets were discounted last week on some online selling platforms. 

FNB stadium confirmed that the concert was moved but said the event organisers will communicate the postponement during the course of Tuesday.

The public relations company handling the concert told Sunday World they were not aware of the postponement and were going to a meeting to find out more.

Earlier this month twin duo Major League DJz, Bandile and Banele Mbere,  were announced as the opening acts for the Burna Boy concert. 

The internationally acclaimed Nigerian artist was also the headline act at last year’s DStv Delicious event, where a throng of fans came out to see him. 

Earlier this year he was announced as the headline act for the 2023 NBA All-Star Weekend. Joining him for the halftime show was Tems and singer Rema for the Afrobeat-themed performance.

Follow @SundayWorldZA on Twitter and @sundayworldza on Instagram, or like our Facebook Page, Sunday World, by clicking here for the latest breaking news in South Africa. 


,

Latest News