Help us find and Celebrate inspirational South African Women who lead change
Bold women who use persuasion and influence at the intersection of business and society to design and lead transformation and progress. Women of vision with clear goals who infuse their energetic spirit and determination to lead those around them.
We are seeking women in the corridors of power, the halls of academia, the forefront of health, safety, and entrepreneurship. Those who take to the sports field, use science and technology to break new ground and others, who lead by inviting innovation, disruption and thought leadership.
Each year in August, the Sunday World honours women who inspire. Women who stand up for their beliefs, community, careers, and culture.
And now we need your help in identifying the 2023 role models who impact our developing nation, and we invite you to join us in celebrating phenomenal South African women who are leading our nation to a brighter future!
There are seven categories, and you can nominate in as many as you like. You can even nominate yourself:
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Science, Technology and Innovation
- Academia and Education
- Environment, Agriculture and Sustainability
- Sports, Arts & Culture, and Community
- Health and Safety/Women in Uniform
Sunday World is giving you a chance to honour these visionary women, who are pioneers in their fields, and who are admired by their peers and rivals alike.
Join us by nominating them here by Monday, July 24, 2023
If your Heroic Woman is chosen, they will be profiled in our special celebratory edition to be published on August 27 following a live event in Johannesburg on August 26, 2023, and you could win the nominators prize of R5 000 for introducing them.
Nominate your Heroic Woman Now!
There are ten nomination categories, and you can nominate as many women as you wish across all our country’s provinces. You may also nominate yourself!
- Women in Academia
- Women Nurturing in the Community
- Women in Business and Industry
- Women in Law
- Women in ICT and Science
- Women in Agriculture
- Women in Construction and Engineering
- Women in Healthcare
- Women in the Public Sector
- Women Defining Sports, Arts and Culture
Deadline for nominations is July 24, 2023
Criteria For Entry
- The Sunday World is looking for Heroic Women who better the World.
- Nominees must be South African citizens and be willing for the Sunday World to profile them in print and digital media. The POPI Act applies.
- Heroic Woman are admired for their conviction, determination, and courage. For their honesty, helpfulness, and ability to change the fabric of business and society
- They are inspirational and are genuinely good people who take a leadership role in inviting change and progress.
General Terms And Conditions
These following terms and conditions for purposes of entry shall apply:
- An individual can self-nominate or choose to nominate an individual belonging to their community or workplace whom they believe has an exceptional leadership ability. Heroic Woman works for the good and betterment of the economy and the nation.
- Your nomination must include the following: a. Name and surname of the nominee and their contact details. b. Your name and contact details (the nominator). c. An explanation in about 200 words why the Heroic Woman should be celebrated. Please clearly explain what they do that has inspired your nomination.
- Your nomination will be forwarded to your nominee who must then furnish and verify details and prove date of birth.
- The nominee will then be requested to provide further information in relation to their nomination. It is the responsibility of the nominee to ensure that the information provided is accurate and complete. If any of the information provided by the nominee in relation to this project is found to be inaccurate, invalid, false, or misleading, such an entry shall be disregarded, and the nominee will be prohibited from participation.
- It is the nominator’s responsibility to ensure that the entry is received by Sunday World prior to the closure of the project on Monday,10 July 2023. Any entries not received by Sunday World prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reasons of late entry. Sunday World is not responsible for any entries that are not received by Sunday World, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof.
- Sunday World is not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other’s person’s device used to enter into, or obtain any material related to this project.
- A panel from various fields will assess the entries and select Sunday World’s Heroic Women for 2023.
- The successful nominees will be notified by means of the contact details provided to Sunday World. All nominees that are chosen will be invited to an event to celebrate their recognition as a Sunday World Heroic Woman, 2023
- In addition, all Heroic Women will receive a 3-month eEdition subscription to Sunday World.
- Sunday World reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the project or any aspect thereof without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension, or cancellation, you (the nominee and/or nominator) agree to waive any rights, interests, and expectations that you may have in terms of this project and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against Sunday World.
- You agree that your participation in the project and your acceptance or any aspect thereof is at your own risk.
- The decision of the judges/assessors is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.